Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Coupons.....A Different Kind Of Currency


A penny saved is a penny earned

Benjamin Franklin (Some folks question this)

Meaning: It is as useful to save money that you already have as it is to earn more.


Hi ya'll.  I just completed another grocery shopping trip to Muskogee Homeland.  First, let me tell you that my receipt was 43 inches long!  The people in line behind me were mad because I was using coupons (even though my coupon currency was very well organized).  The lady that checked me out was mad because I was using coupons!  She actually snarled at me (oh, yes she did) when she saw my cute green 3" coupon binder and envelope full of coupons. Me?  I was happy as a lark because I knew I was going to save money.  I saved $69.10 (that's only 40% this time but I bought some items we like that rarely go on sale). It's hard to believe that I have gone from a 3% savings to 40% and 56% in just a few weeks.  I really didn't know there was a better way to shop!
This is what my $100 bought! (74 items) What does yours buy?
2 boxes Kellogg's cereal, 2 boxes Kellogg's cereal bars, 8 Greek yogurt cups, 5-12 pack soda pop,1  dry cat food,1  laundry detergent, 5 lbs. potatoes, 1 shredded cheese, 10 cans spaghetti sauce, 7 packs spaghetti, 1 half gallon almond milk, 4 boxes Tyson chicken anytizers, 6 frozen lunch entrees, 2 bags organic salad greens, 1 bag organic kiwi (six for 99 cents), 20 packages knorr side dish  pasta or rice, 1  45 calorie wheat Sarah Lee bread, 1 blackeyed pea salad, 1 container couscous, and 2 Hiland sour cream.  These are all things we normally eat, not just junk that was on sale!  Oops! I forgot 3 tomatoes.
I have nothing to apologize for! So don't expect me to! If you are in a hurry and you see me in line in front of you, Pick Another Checkout Line, Honey! (They actually did have to open another checkout line). If you were in line behind me today and are mad at me, kiss my grits!  A thinner skinned person than I would have wilted from the harsh looks being thrown. I bet they would use coupons too if they could figure out how to do it!  At the end of the transactions when I paid the balance due after all the couponing, I politely thanked the cashier who looked at me like she would like to shake me like a rag doll and choke the last breath out of my body.  For a Senior Citizen, she was kind of scary!
Looking at my 43" register tape, I'm not surprised the cashier wasn't feeling the love for me!
I love saving on groceries!  Almost all the items I purchased were on sale (One card savings=$49.50, Manufacture Coupons=$12.85, Bonus Coupons=$6.75).  Oh, yeah!  I rock!  I am a savings Diva! If I can do this after just a couple of weeks you will probably be seeing me on T.V. in a couple of years doing the Extreme Couponing show. Just joking you know. That is a reality (snicker, snicker) show and mine is real life.

I also got a $1.00 Catalina for Almond Milk, and 8 free movie tickets to the Redhawks Movie Night (whatever that is).

Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.  ~Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...