Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The perfect normal person is rare in our civilization. Karen Horney

I can draw the water from the well and give myself a bath, thank you very much!
Told you I was stubborn.  Mom used to say "hard-headed".
Who's the fool that opened Dante's gates of hell and called it a record breaking Oklahoma summer?  There's a lovely breeze blowing that will burn the eyebrows off your face.  Enough already!  My yard is burned, my skin is burned and my brain is fried (no surprise there).  Dancing in the rain is just a distant memory (yes, I do dance in the rain but as an adult I have to wear clothes now).  I don't want to hear about unchanging weather patterns and an extended heat wave.  I want to see Noah and the Ark in the distance riding a tidal wave. Standing on the deck shouting "I'm coming Linda, just hold on', that's what I want to see!  Please Lord, give your people and your land some relief! 

Since the accident, I've been giving a lot of thought to "normal".  I don't really know what that is so I googled it.  "What is normal?" O.K. That was scary.  After carefully analyzing the articles, this is the best I can come up with. If I live in Oklahoma and stare at the sun, I'm crazy.  If I live in another country and stare at the sun, I'm a "holy man".  After reading numerous articles, I've come to the conclusion that we are all a little bit nuts and normal ain't normal anymore.  Bottom line:  if I don't run through the mall naked, or hide in the woods waiting for Armageddon, or wait for space aliens to pick me up at the loading dock;  then I'm probably O.K.  There are a number of mental health issues that I need to work out (anxiety, panic attacks) but, hey, who doesn't need to work on something?  Gives me a goal.  We all need goals in life.  Mine is to be "not normal again'. (back to my prior state of mind).  Who in their right mind would want to be boring, bland, predictable "normal"?
Becky didn't ask for a "colorful" mother but she has never complained either. 
What? What? Can't you see I'm trying to sew here?
No! I'm not sharing my watermelon! It's all MINE!
   
Becky and I have climbed many "mountains" together.  My current situation is just another one.
My normal is seeing  beauty in all things and living by my "do no harm" creed.  My normal is caring for stray animals, helping hurting people and knowing that I work with my hands for the Glory of God.  My normal is seeing the miracle in everyday things.  This is who I am!  This is who I want to be!  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
Please don't disturb me. I'm meditating with the boys.
The end of a very hard day.  No, it's not very lady-like but it's real life!
I live a simple life enjoying the simple things in life.  I am eccentric, self-motivated, independent, and don't need anyone to tell me how to think or what to think.(perhaps this is why I am still single and loving every minute of it).  God only made one of me and he has his hands full keeping up with me.  My guardian angel should get hazard pay!  From the pics above (taken over the years), you can see that my life has been very "normal".  It's my attitude that you got to watch out for.

I will get through this!
Love you all,
Simply Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...