Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability***Sam Keen

You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.
 Author Unknown

Hi ya'll.  Who knew that 80 degrees under the air conditioner could feel so good!  When it's a 100 degrees actual temperature outside and the air feels like you are breathing in liquid flames, you know that you are living in Hell's kissin cousin, Oklahoma.  Nothing is moving outside this afternoon.  Not birds, not animals, not leaves on trees, not humans (if they can help it).  The shade trees offer little relief.  Hello, summer!!!
 
I don't know about you, but as a very feminine lady (yes, I clean up pretty good when I want to), I find summer very challenging.  It's hard to look good when your make-up is dripping off your chin (lookin like something that should be in a wax museum, no doubt) and sweat is pooling between your boobs (yes, I said boobs).  The fragrance you are wearing goes sour in a matter of minutes and you smell worse than if you were wearing none at all.  Pantyhose are out of the question!  Your clothes seem to cling to every unsightly bulge you have and your panties settle in some very uncomfortable places.  I think it should be perfectly legal and morally acceptable to go naked in the heat of an Oklahoma summer.  Well, that just what I think bout it. 
Gypsy is hot!

Pushka is hot!

And my tomato plants are hot!
The guys (father, son and friend) came yesterday and unplugged the sewer line and put in a clean out line (A sewer cleanout is a point of access where the sewer lateral can be serviced. It usually is 4” in diameter and has a tight-fitting steel or plastic cap over it.).  The cost was more than reasonable and I found out that they are general contractors (that means they can do anything). 

I was a curious spectator and watched them work.  The hairball (it was the size of a small state) they removed looked like we had scalped at least ten people and flushed them down the toilet bowl (it wasn't pretty).  The look the father gave me when he removed said hairball, spoke volumes.  His tip of the day was to pour one cup of bleach down the bathroom sink and bathtub once a week to prevent this sort of thing from happening again (kinda figured out he thought a little common sense would have prevented this problem).  Anyway, they are coming back next week to hang a new storm door for me.
Ground level view of my new clean out line (box?)
After living here for 18 years, I got a clue.
One of my neighbors stopped by the store today while I was working and left me this gift that keeps on giving.  I love Simple Living  and everything that comes with it.  You never have to stand alone when you live in the country. 
Bless my bloomers!  It's new potatoes and yukon gold!
Thank you for dropping in today.  I gotta go and cook some taters.  Have a wonderful evening and I will see you again soon.
Dirty hands, iced tea, garden fragrances thick in the air and a blanket of color before me, who could ask for more?Bev Adams

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...