Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

In The Blink Of An Eye..................Unspeakable Tragedy

We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.  ~Winston Churchill

Isn't it strange how quickly one moment (July 19, 2011 a few minutes before noon. it was a tuesday), frozen in time, can be a defining moment in one's life.  It's a moment I can't forget but a moment I don't completely remember every detail either.  All I have are fragments that I am slowly piecing  together.  The horrifying images haunt me every moment.  Witnessing such a traumatic event; I am emotionally and mentally broken at this time but I will heal eventually.  My heart breaks for those involved in this tragic accident and their families.  Prayer is something we can all do.

One moment, I am a little old lady driving down the road (a trip I had made thousands of times on a road I had traveled all my life) on my way home from the grocery store in Warner.  Suddenly, my understanding of reality is lost in confusion and terror.  My brain cannot process the information and images coming at it, even though it seemed, at the time,  like slow motion.  I keep using the word  "moment" because that's all it took.

I would like to say "Thank You" to the countless strangers, friends, neighbors and family who comforted me at the scene of the accident (it was evident that I was in total shock).  Steve Wright, Muskogee County Commissioner and a lifetime friend, as well as John Smith, stayed with me until my brother David and his wife Vicky arrived.  The Warner Volunteer Fire Department, the Chaplin for their department prayed with me and my guys, the Keefeton Volunteer Fire Department, Raymond and Jake were very compassionate and kind.  The Highway Patrol Troopers offered comfort and support.  The many friends and neighbors who have called and stopped by the house to offer words of comfort.  To Brother Danny Barks, the pastor at my sometimes Church, who always knows the right thing to say to help me.  Country folks taking care of one of their own.  I am grateful to one and all.

And to my beloved daughter, Becky, who knows my heart.  You have always been the true joy of my life and you have given me more comfort and strength than you can possibly imagine.  Without you I would just be a shattered little ole lady. You have been and continue to be  infinitely patient and understanding as I try to put into words the horrifying images trapped in my memory.  My heart loves your heart.


And last, but certainly not least, I give "Thanks" to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Now I truly understand that every breath is a precious gift to be spent wisely and lovingly.  Thank you Lord for extending your hand of protection to me.  Your mercy and grace are unlimited.

Before I leave you for a couple of weeks to begin the healing process, I just want to say one more thing.  Every day, all day long, the news is bombarding us with new and sensational stories.  Their information is not always correct. The rumor mill creates more pain than you can imagine.  Also, for every story told,  there remains broken lives and shattered people, who are left trying to pick up the pieces.  Be compassionate, kind and non-judgemental because that  "moment in time" could happen to you, even though I pray it does not. 

Ecclesiastes 3

 1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...