Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nature's Rebirth At Harmony Acres

"I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. 
Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth?"
 

Edward Giobbi

Spring! Spring! Spring! If the March winds don't blow me away, I will dance in the yard to the tune of Spring. Yes, I really do dance in the yard but I'm fully clothed nowadays.  It's time for my inner child to emerge and my imagination to take wing. The long months of winter are just a memory now.  I wanted to share with you how it looks at our home when Spring is in the air.  Here are a few pictures:
The front porch is cleaned off to a certain degree so now we can prepare to paint soffet a medium grey and the porch poles white with our new trim going up in a white also.  Replacing shutters this year too.  I like to call it "my beautiful porch-in-waiting".  Big plans for little porch!
Rock Garden coming alive.

Baby's Breath will be dried this year for floral arrangements.
And the puppies are growing like crazy.  They eat like it's their last meal every time.  Kind of pitiful.  Mom still dropping by to check on them and have a bite of their food and water.  One of our neighbors stopped by today (a different one from last week) to see if her puppy (a sister to my boys) had come a callin.  It has gone missing.  Becky called on her way out of our neighborhood at 7:00 a.m. this morning to say she saw the pup running with it's mom if anyone came looking.  And they did.


I don't have a favorite but the smallest of the three boys.........
Got so carried away with the pups, almost forgot to show you my salad garden planted in the fire pit.
Our hearts and prayers go out to those in Japan who are suffering and homeless, those who have lost loved ones and those who have loved ones missing.  Also, deep appreciation for the rescue workers and those brave souls who are still trying to save the world from a devastating nuclear accident.
There is an endless net of threads throughout the universe...
At every crossing of the threads there is an individual.
And every individual is a crystal bead.
And every crystal bead reflects
Not only the light from every other crystal in the net
But also every other reflection
Throughout the entire universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...