Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Can Animals Predict Diaster?

"The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way.  Some see Nature all ridicule and deformity, and some scarce see Nature at all.  But to the eyes of the man of imagination, Nature is Imagination itself."
William Blake, 1799, The Letters    

As I was doing my daily meditation this morning (translation:  as I was sitting on the front  porch with my coffee, cigarette and two cats wrapped around my ankles), it occurred to me the importance of a sanctuary.  Everyone needs a safe place to hide from time to time. Speaking of hiding, the cats ate breakfast and then headed for the barn.  Even if the news had not been warning us of a severe storm, the cats would have alerted me to the fact simply by their behavior. If we pay attention, animals speak a language all their own.  They sense danger long before we have a clue. Our dogs have been humanized to the point they have no clue either.  Apparently, I'm not the only one that thinks their pre-diaster behavior is interesting.

O.K. on another subject.  This year Becky and I are planning a visit to Hoepfner Kiwi Farm in Eufaula.  We want to start growing our own fruit in accordance with our self-sustaining plan for life.  This is something we have wanted to do for a long time but the demands of life rarely give us the opportunity for a day trip.  However, this year I have a plan.  Just do it.  Here is a video giving some insight into growing kiwi.
Well, time to go for now.  Looks like the storm may be moving in and I need to shut down my beloved computer.  Hope to see you again soon.  In the meantime, hug a tree, plant a seed and embrace life. 

It seems we are safe from the storm for now.  Pushka is back on the porch biting my ankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...