Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

There Is A Season

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it.  The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. 
~Earl Nightingale

Think It. See It. Believe It. It All Begins With A Small Seed.
We strive to make our home a place of peace and harmony.  And I think for that reason things just seem to grow well here.  Inside and out;  human, plant and animal, we all thrive. It just takes time, manual labor and mental fortitude (some days I'm a little weak on the mental part). Our yard (five plus acres) is alive with rabbits, birds, bees, deer and many large trees (40 & 50 feet tall) as well as fruit trees and ornamental bushes.  It is a joy to be outside but there is so much yet to prepare before Spring arrives. 

I am sooo...excited about Spring.  I'm brushing up on my "how to talk to plants" skills by practicing on the house plants. I also purchased a seeded pot for herbs (a pre-fab if you will) to talk to.  I just had to plant something.  Well, maybe not plant, but do something.
This is the day that I must go into Muskogee (dog food, cat food, bird food and people food).  While I'm there might as well pick up a few seed packets to start growing my salad garden indoors.  With the real cost of living increases we are immediately seeing, a home garden will be a necessity.  The cost of gasoline last night was $3.17 per gallon and the summertime increase hasn't even started yet.  Hang onto your wallets folks this could be a rough one.

I also began work on a fairy tree house (escape from reality?).  It will need plants and other little touches to make it enticing for any little beings that want to move in.  It's a nice starter home. 

Eco Friendly Wind Powered Rental Property.

To Every Thing There is a Season - Ecclesiastes 3. 1-8
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.




"I am only one, But still I am one.
I cannot do everything, But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...