Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Imagination: Seeing The Possibilities

A day is Eternity's seed, and we are its Gardeners. 
~Erika Harris, lifeblazing.com

This morning we had a Maggie 911 so I called Karen and made an appointment.  At 10:30 we arrive (it wasn't an emergency or they would have taken us immediately).  Maggie is wearing her Oklahoma State University hoodie because she knows that will make Stacey happy since that is her Alma Mater. (Maggie was right, we got a two paws up from Stacey.)  I always enjoy my visits with the ladies.  We all think they are just great.  It's always a good sign when you pull up at a Vet's office and there is every animal imaginable running around happy and healthy.  The work is hard, the hours are long and still the compassion and humor never ceases with this team.  They really are more like part of our family.
Hubler Vet Clinic
Maggie and her Dream Team
Karen, Berta, Stacey
Mags gets an allergy shot and some medicine for her ear.  Stacey tells me to bathe her in Dawn Antibacterial Dish Soap.  Mags skin is very red and my other medicated dog shampoos could do more damage than good. Will need to stop at Dollar Store to pick it up but first it's a trip to McDonald's. 

 Injection=McDonald's Chicken Nuggets for Maggie.
Don't even think about touching my chicken!!!
After lunch, I began surfing the web for inspiration.  Don't you just love saying that!  It just sounds so up to date cool.  Anyway, back to my surfing.  I came across some ideas that really did inspire me and got me to thinking (just a little heads up David because when I starting thinking it means work for you).  

My front porch faces South and the summertime afternoon sun has always been a problem because it creates a lot of heat coming in the front door (100 degrees in the shade). 
Solution:  Make a living wall (also known as a vertical garden) of plants for the porch and the two windows that face South.

I had already thought of vertical vegetable gardening for out in the yard but now I say "why not as a screen to insulate the house?" There is no need to buy any materials for this project because I have all the stuff needed out in my scary barn.  And I have some great ideas for an original design and David's labor is real cheap (free).  He, of course, will have to bring some common sense and practicality to my idea.  I can never look at anything and see junk.  With a little imagination, almost anything has possibilities. Apparently, I have a great imagination because I imagined I was happily married (twice). Wrong answer!

Blueberry Hill has some unique and creative ideas.  This French (wine) riddling  rack was transformed into a vertical garden for lettuces, arugula, Swiss chard, mustard, strawberries and herbs by Anne Phillips and her landscape design firm Go Green Gardeners.
I also have room for this from the Blueberry Hill website.
Outdoorshowers-curve-curtain-ss-lNapzone-swing-ss-l
Oh, David, we are going to have so much fun unless you are a party pooper and say it can't be done.  There is also the critter factor to consider.  Around here we always have to be mindful of snakes (I hate snakes), scorpions, ants, wasps and a whole sub-species of other creepy crawlies.

But before I can begin any outside projects, I have to complete the inside projects that I started.  Also, have to get David to do all the heavy lifting before he and Vicky hit the road this Spring with their concession stand.  So much to do, so little time!
The Possible's slow fuse is lit
By the Imagination.
~Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...