Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. ~Andy Rooney

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.  He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
 -Unknown

Good Morning from Harmony Acres!  We are all doing just fine, now.  There have been a few setbacks lately:  peach tree died, my ankle healing much too slowing, Becky sick over the weekend, little store busier than usual (once again, I limped home on the bad ankle and retired to my recliner) and grass three feet tall in some places (what a nightmare).   So today, I play catch-up on outside work til my brain frys. 
The gift:  onions & broccoli from neighbor. 
What a great place to live!
There is a very heavy dew this morning which will delay my yard mowing a little while.  We have gone from the Spring rainy season to fry an egg on the sidewalk summer-like weather (like I need this when I live in my own personal constant burning, scortching, smothering summer hell year round. it happens to women of a certain age. gee, thanks, mother nature).  Ah......the joy of living in Oklahoma!  The cost of living is one of the lowest but the Summer temperatures are some of the highest (O.K. Texas beats us there again). 

There is so much to do today, I barely know where to start!  How about meditation (drink coffee and smoke cigarette on front porch with a cat wrapped around my sore ankle)? When in doubt, meditate!  Gracie (black outside cat) has been missing for a few days.  Hope she returns soon.  Really like her.  She is so sweet (unlike a lot of people I used to know). 

My friends at Hubler Vet Clinic are doing a home visit today.  We don't refer to it as a "farm call" because it is more like family dropping by and besides, We don't have a farm.  What we do have is "Dr. Doolittle on Steriods".  (the movie you know. He and the animals talk to each other).  The blue heeler pups (the Boys) need their follow-up Parvo and Rabies shots. This is going to be fun. Not!  They are way too big to crate and put in a car now (I don't know exactly what's in that high dollar dry food I'm feeding them but they are strong enough to knock me to the ground if I'm not firm with them). 
Berta and Stacey making a "house call" for the boys.

Berta trying to be friends with the Pickle.
Maybe, Maybe Not.

Pickle looks on as Berta goes the extra mile to be friends with Mischief (hiding behind house).
 We have never had outside dogs, so the boys have proven to be a challenge for me.  Their mom (Gypsy) is in heat again (that Hussy!) so I can't get her spayed for a month (the fun never ends around here).  Gyps and I have a special bond.  She was a stray and I loved her unconditionally and she now is my devoted friend.  I tell her all my troubles (I whine) and she listens without judging. 
Gypsy trust me and I trust her.  Perfect match.
All the male dogs in the neighborhood now stop by to see if she is interested (she had better keep her tail down).  It is total chaos!  I need a retreat from my retreat!  But instead I will go scoop poop in their pen.  Mow the yard.  Pick up junk out of the yard and head for the house before the heat gets me. 
Anti-social big ole mama's boys.
They could destroy an armored tank.
Terrors, I tell you!  Terrors! Big T.
Thank you for stopping by today to sit a spell and visit.  Hope to see you again soon.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive. 
~Gilda Radner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...