Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Boil? Abscess? Cyst? Who Cares? Just Go To The Doctor!


"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died."
 Erma Bombeck
(Good Advice, I think)

Did you know:
The human foot combines mechanical complexity and structural strength. The ankle serves as foundation, shock absorber, and propulsion engine.
The foot can sustain enormous pressure (several tons over the course of a one-mile run) and provides flexibility and resiliency.
The foot and ankle contain:
My point here?  My ankle hurts!  The convenience store a couple of miles down the road was closed today so guess where everyone migrated?  That's right! The store where I work.  Now, you will recall that I am having minor (yeah! right! if it's on me, it ain't minor) surgery on my ankle this Thursday. Everyone keeps saying "what is that? a boil? an abscess? a cyst?"  I don't know, ya'll!

I was wounded when I started my shift and I was downright crippled when it was over. Ever been in that place where you don't know if you need to throw up or pass out?  Or both at the same time?  (Did I mention the wound on my ankle ruptured three days ago? I thought I was going to be sick) 

Gag factor alert! 
If you have a weak stomach, don't look at these pictures.
This is what the rupture looked like.
No Kidding!  I'm going to be sick.
That is the real stuff that came out!
Oh, my gosh!  I really do have a blocked chakra!




This is how it looked  one day after the rupture.
I'm going to be sick!
I am all about Simple Living. But there comes a time when the home potions, herbal remedies and magic spells just aren't working. And the Chakra doctor lives in another country and doesn't make house calls.  It's time to call out the big guns!  Doctor! Doctor!  Somebody get me a doctor!  If I had gone to the doctor two years ago when the swelling first began to cause me problems, I would have been healed by now.  Therefore, the moral of this sad but true story is:  don't wait to see a doctor when you have a pain that doesn't go away in a short period of time. (Sister Joyce, I'm talking to you about that knee)

O.K. I'm going to put my big girl bloomers on now and stop being a whining crybaby.  But before I go this is my last piece of advice for the day:
Don't ever google the surgery you are going to have because they will show you a video of the procedure (in living color. I thought I was going to be sick).

I would rather have a small measure of doubt about how bad the doctor is going to hurt me. (just a note here.  the last doctor who stuck a needle in my foot received a swift kick in his manly parts).  Instead, now I know exactly how he is going to slice and dice me.  (I think I'm going to be sick).

The doctor is to be feared more than the disease.
Latin Proverb



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...