Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Thank You Dinner Doctor....now I'm fast, cheap and easy!!!

If we are what we eat then I'm fast, cheap and easy

Hi ya'll.  Well, it has been another hectic day at Harmony Acres.  I worked at the little store from 6 a.m. til 1 p.m. today (a friend dropped by and gave me broccoli and yellow onions from his garden) and Becky left early for a 5K run in Tulsa.  She arrived back home before I got off work so she got to feed our critters today (she feeds and cares for the animals on the weekend to give me a desperately needed break).  When I walked in the front door after work, the wonderful smell of fresh cut vegetables greeted me.  Becky had prepared a delicious salad to go with the boneless oven baked chicken I brought home.  Lunch was great!

Speaking of food,I have a new favorite cookbook: 
Quick Cooking When Time Is Short-The Dinner Doctor
It has always been a struggle to prepare healthy delicious meals without spending hours in the kitchen (until now).  This book is the answer to the busy woman's (or just tired woman's) prayers.  536 pages of canned, frozen, boxed, bagged & ready-made food for over 230 fast, fresh-tasting dishes.  The salad section alone will provide healthy meals for us for a month.  This is creative cooking at it's Simple Living very best.  Finally, someone who understands me and my chosen  lifestyle (work outside til I'm ready to drop, then work inside a little more).  Even in my most extreme state of exhaustion, I can prepare a quick and delicious meal in under 30 minutes.  What a treasure this book is.  From appetizers to soups, salads, comfort food, main dish, one dish, pasta, breads and let's not forget desserts.  Even what you need to have in the pantry, freezer and fridge to prepare the meals is included.  This lady gets an "atta gal" from me.  Cooking made simple.  She is my new mealtime heroine!  Now I can't wait to get in the kitchen and prepare a meal. 

Many of my neighbors and friends stopped by the store today to see how my ankle surgery had gone  and if I needed help with anything.  Several offered to bring their chainsaws and cut up and remove my sad fallen willow tree.  I love country living.  

My father asserted that there was no better place to bring up a family than in a rural environment.... There's something about getting up at 5 a.m., feeding the stock and chickens, and milking a couple of cows before breakfast that gives you a lifelong respect for the price of butter and eggs. 
Bill Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...