Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb

A room without a book is like a body without a soul.
(We have no rooms without books)
My home office bookcase.

One of the bookcases in the living room.
We have books laying around everywhere!
Many of our books are leather bound gold leaf so they have priority.


Kitchen bookshelf.
It's a new day at Harmony Acres and I'm feeling much better today.  Yesterday, the pain from my ankle surgery was excruciating.  I took a pain pill yesterday morning; to no avail.  Luckily, one of my neighbors dropped by in the afternoon and brought me a red beer (beer and tomato juice).  I rarely drink alcoholic beverages (have enough bad habits, don't need another), however; under the circumstances, I made an exception (really glad I did).  Another friend called after he heard (at the little store) that I was having problems with pain (he offered to bring me a bottle of whiskey). 

Becky asked if anyone offered to bring me an herbal remedy for the pain.  Yeah, right.  We live in cowboy redneck heaven so homeopathic remedies would not even be a choice.  A nice big steak, maybe (there aren't a lot of vegetarians around here either).  No matter.  I slept like a log last night and feel like a new woman today. 

One of the bookcases in Becky's room.
As we sat on the front porch, drinking our beer and talking about our gardens, it occurred to me how fortunate I am.  Good friends, good neighbors, a nice vegetable garden, a happy home with lots of happy critters and a daughter who is a true blessing.  Simple Living certainly agrees with me!

Today is a perfect day for reading (cloudy and raining).  The sound of thunder assures me that I have made a good decision. Seldom do I take the opportunity to relax and do nothing. These are some of the books I plan to browse through and take notes from today: 

The Backyard Orchardist
by
Stella Otto.

The Old Farmer's Almanac Book of Garden Wisdom
by
Cynthia Van Hazinga

And The Waters Turned To Blood
by
Rodney Barker












For Mother's Day, Becky gave me Perry Stone's How to Interpret Dreams and Visions.   I am so excited about a day of reading and  relaxing.  My breakfast is ready (two boiled eggs, a multi-grain bagel smothered in oven roasted red pepper hummus and blueberries) and coffee in my favorite cup. By the way, I buy my eggs locally from the Allison family because they are from contented Baptists chickens. Oh Dear! Rain is pouring down outside and I am now ready to retire to my recliner in the garden room.  Life is good!












 
Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience : its the ideal life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...