Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Colors Of My Life


Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? no. Just as one can never learn how to paint.
Pablo Picasso Quotes - Spanish Artists

Good Morning from Harmony Acres!  The sun is shining and all is well. Becky is off to the Tulsa Airport to catch her plane for Palm Springs, CA. via Denver.  She is expected back from this business trip on Friday night. She e-mailed her final exam for this semester yesterday (so close to that Master's Degree) and has a summer class lined up (she is relentless when she makes a commitment).  We have a small window of opportunity to work together on our home projects beginning next weekend after I get home from work.  
This project has languished so long, I almost forgot the cabinets ever had doors.
With Beck gone this week (miss her already and feeling a little lost); I  need to get to work and make some strides in my home improvement endeavors (need to wait a few days for outside work as the ground is saturated by the rain).  There is so much to do, I am momentarily at a loss as to where to start.  Finish painting the kitchen cabinets? Finish painting the ceiling? Finish painting the garden room?  Paint some of the furniture in the garden room?  I see an ongoing theme here with paint.

First, let's get a plan.  I have to go into Muskogee on Wednesday or Thursday to pick up a package for Becky, so I will plan my week around that.   Checking out my supplies on hand, it looks like finishing the kitchen cabinets is the winner (this has turned into the project from hell. Ever had one of those?)  I can pick up the hardware at Lowe's  on my trip into town and have some of the doors back on by the time Beck gets home. Boy, will she be surprised! This has been a months long project with no end in sight because of the extra work involved with so many animals.
Before

Just Need Hardware to be: After
While I was at it, I decided to go ahead and pull the drawers out and finish painting them (why not? I'm already covered in paint).  The front panel was the only thing that was painted (we did that so we can put the drawer pulls on to pull open). Hence, the name "drawer pulls". 
A work in progress.
It doesn't look like I accomplished much but let me tell you, I am pooped.  Not as young as I used to be; not as old as Methuselah (969 years).  Fall somewhere in between.  No, I won't get any more specific than that and it's not polite to ask my earth years.  My Spiritual age is eternal.  How is it that the conversation always seems to be about me?  I already told you that I am not narcissistic.

I really miss Becky.  She is the other color that makes me sing.  She is my joy, my laughter, my balance.  What a glorious gift from God to be her Mother.  Thank you, Lord!
 
In honor of Mother's Day this Sunday, here's a little something for you.
Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...