Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Peach Tree 911....THERE'S A FUNGUS AMOUNG US!!!!!

There is always Music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it. 
Minnie Aumonier
This beautiful sunny day started with ants in the wieners food.  Good Grief!  Why is it that everything outside wants to come inside and everything inside wants to go outside?  One of the great mysteries of the universe. 

I haven't even had time to meditate (smoke cigarette and drink coffee) on front porch.  My eyes are barely open but my sense of smell is working just great because I smell wee-wee coming from Maggie's room. (when she gets an allergy shot she has no control so I can't be mad).  Her pretty pink area rug is sopping wet!  She is so upset!  What a way to start the day.
Who could be mad at this precious creature?
After cleaning up all the messes, I am going to the front porch and see what Pushka and Gracie (cats) are up to.  Then it will be time to release the terrors (blue heeler pups) from their night-time lock-up and feed Gypsy (Mom).  Good grief!  A girl can't get a break around here.

Then it's off to mow the yard.  If you mow over an acre, is it still considered a "yard"?  Shouldn't it be called something like Brobdingnagian (huge; relating to or characteristic of the imaginary country of Brobdingnag)?  That sounds big to a little ole country girl like me.  Is it true that the bigger the word the smarter you sound?
This is what a sick peach tree looks like. Darn it!
OH NO!!!  Simple Living 911!!! As I was mowing around my peach trees, I noticed the leaves are turning yellow.  Racing to call my resident expert, Orchard John, the conversation went something like this:
Me:       John, I think my peach trees got too much rain.  The leaves are turning yellow and curling.
John:     What kind of spray did you use?
Me:       What?
John:     What kind of spray did you use?
Me:       What?  (clearly, I'm not the smartest cookie in the box).  The directions didn't say anything about spray.
John:     You didn't spray them for disease?
Now, I'm thinking if the directions said take this tree home, plant it carefully and put poison on it I would have noticed!  Just last night I was teasing Brother Dave because my trees had a peach and his didn't. (he bought his a week after I did).  Pride goes before Karma!  So that's another thing to add to my growing list to purchase at Lowe's today.  Darn. Darn. Darn.  I will make this tree live.  Somehow! Someway! Drats!

Sorry, that's all for today.  Gotta go get medicine for peach trees and kill the fungus among us.  The "Do No Harm" rule does not include ants, snakes, spiders or fungus. Sometimes the learning curve in starting an orchard can be pretty steep but I will learn.  Harmony Acres will survive my naive attempts to be self-sufficient. 

 Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...