Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Great Dachshund Escape......

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.  ~Corey Ford

It's another cool, cloudy day in Green Country.  With more rain in the forecast for the Memorial Day weekend, I will try to do as much as I can today because I have to work this weekend at the little store.  Also, the stitches are being removed from my ankle this afternoon.

Today, Becky and the other members of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation Emergency Response Team (CERT) will be helping the relief effort in Haskell, Oklahoma.  A tornado touched down there on Tuesday; destroying several businesses and knocking out power to the the town.  Some members of the team had just returned from Cleora, Oklahoma which had been hit earlier in the week.  The Muscogee (Creek) Nation is a tribal government located in east central Oklahoma. The Creek Nation boundary includes eleven (11) Counties: Creek, Hughes (Tukvpvtce), Mayes, McIntosh, Muskogee, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Rogers, Seminole, Tulsa and Wagoner. Where there is a need...........
This country girl (Becky) can do it all, ya'll.
From soil sampling to computer geek to book review writer.
Taught her everything she knows. (Not really)
Yesterday afternoon we had a situation.  When I let my weinners (dachshund) out of the house into the backyard, I didn't notice the storm had blown the gate open just a little bit.  It was enough.................  I still had my nightgown on doing some housework.  After about ten minutes, I checked on them.  No weinners.  I went into the backyard calling them.  No weinners.  My heart stopped.  The weinners had instigated an escape.  This is only the second time (the first time was years ago when they first came here) they have even been out of the backyard.  Fear grips me.  Where are they?

Running through the house (I can't go outside anymore without having pants on, had some land cleared you know)  I grab the first thing I see (pull on joggers) and slip on flip flops.  Dashing out the front door, Gypsy thinks we are playing and follows me.
Gypsy thinks the weinners are crazy and should never be paroled.
Weinners are in the pasture and when they see Gypsy with me, they try to attack her.  She runs, they chase her, I chase them (two weinners) with my sore ankle hurting with every step.  Wow! They are all  faster than me. Ten minutes of terror later, I have a weinner under each arm, supported by my hipbones, with Gypsy nipping at Gigi's tail.  What a disaster!
 
Just as I step in the front door with a weinner under each arm, my joggers fall down around my ankles.  Oh, darn! Now what?  Kicking them off in the floor, I lose my grip on Gigi and she jumps down and starts chasing Maggie.  What a disaster! 

Noah (dark red) is finally incarcerated and the chase is on for Gigi (dappled color).  Running through the house half-naked, the chase is on again. When she is also finally  incarcerated, I give them a stern scolding.  Limping to my recliner, I try to recover from all the  drama.  Lord, I hope you are keeping track and giving me lots of gold stars for all the trauma I suffer with all these stray animals you sent us. 
CAPTURED!!!  Doggie jail time for the weinners.
Dachshunds are ideal dogs for small children, as they are already stretched and pulled to such a length that the child cannot do much harm one way or the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...