Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them. ~Hugh Miller, Snow on the Wind

Joy is a return to the deep harmony of body, mind, and spirit that was yours at birth and that can be yours again. That openness to love, that capacity for wholeness with the world around you, is still within you.
Deepak Chopra
Monday:
A peaceful tranquility has settled over Harmony Acres this morning.  It's as though a small slice of Paradise has been found and dropped around me in Keefeton, Oklahoma.  A multitude of various bird songs fill the air while a light cool breeze plays a delightful tune on the wind chimes.  Rabbits are grazing on the grass throughout the yard.  Multi-colored flowers abound; giving the sense of sight a profound joy. There may be chaos in the world but here there is only harmony.  There is nothing money can buy that will equal the simple pleasures I find here. (Believe me, I have tried throughout the years to fill my life with stuff so I don't feel the nagging pain in my soul of "something more" out there. The "something more" was here all that time.)
Becky's Meditation Garden is doing great!
Only problem: she hasn't had time to enjoy it, yet.
After meditating on the front porch for a while (smoke cigarette and drink coffee), I am ready to plan my day (sort of).  Nothing is set in stone around here, so I just work at whatever I want whenever I want.  Today I want to work in the yard (I think).  The safety guard (that thing where the cut grass blows out of the mower) came off my riding mower so I will need to put it back on before I start (duct tape and baling wire).

O.K. It is now two days later (Wednesday)!  A number of things have been happening so I will try to catch you up. I did mow the yard, for two days and $22.00 worth of gas (it used to take less than that to fill the gas tank on my car).  We live in strange times.  During one of my meditation breaks (cigarette and Dr. Pepper) as I was sitting on the front porch, what did my wandering eyes behold?  Snake!!! Yeah! That's right! Snake!!!  I spring into action!  Shovel, lopper, heart attack!  (The "do no harm" rule does not cover snakes).  And what do you think the cats are doing while we are under attack?  Sleeping in the shade.
Yes, now I know it's a harmless Speckled King Snake.
But it scared the living daylights out of me.
Pushka hides from snakes.  She can't be bothered by such a thing!
Roma, Cherry and Arkansas Traveler Tomatoes are doing fine.
 My ankle has been causing me so much pain (I have rubbed every know herb and potion I could think of on it; to no avail) that I finally surrendered and made a doctor's appointment (the initial injury was 2 1/2 years ago).  I have four medical related allergies:  Penicillin, Needles, Doctors and Outrageous Medical Cost.

So for the last two days I have been busy getting everything in order so when he does minor surgery on my ankle I won't be worrying about stuff.  The entire yard is mowed, fruit and nut trees sprayed for fungus, built fence around container garden (it ain't pretty but it will keep the rabbits out), pushed mowed my brains out so everything would be tidy and put out snake and ant granules. 
And then:  His office called and rescheduled my appointment for next Thursday (the 19th).  Therefore, I will need to repeat this entire process again next week.  Darn! Darn! Darn!  I will view this as an opportunity with thorns.  All my yard work is done for the week (thorn, blood and sweat) and it looks great.  Now, there is time to relax and read a book (opportunity).

A Short History of Medicine
2000 B.C. - "Here, eat this root."
1000 B.C. - "That root is heathen, say this prayer."
1850 A.D. - "That prayer is superstition, drink this potion."
1940 A.D. - "That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill."
1985 A.D. - "That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic."
2000 A.D. - "That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root."
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...