Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

My Family: We Know Each Other's Hearts

 To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.  We live outside the touch of time.  ~
Clara Ortega
This was going to be my catch-up day.  Anyway, that was the plan when I woke up this morning.  Cleaning to be done.  New recipes I wanted to try.  Home-made dog biscuits to make and on and on and on..............but then something wonderful happened!  I found a box of old photographs and simply got lost in the past.  I believe in order to know where we are going, it's important to remember where we've been. 
 These are moments frozen in time that I can never have again except in pictures and in my heart.  Mom and I sitting on the couch, Becky kissing the lovebird(well, this one I can have again because the Wicket is alive and well), Joyce(sister), Bill(brother-in-law) and David(brother) just chatting, a younger me with a younger Becky embossed over photo and me putting the final touches on a prom dress that I made for Beck(eighth grade I think). 

Looking at old pictures is a bittersweet experience. 
Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.  ~Author Unknown
In time of test, family is best.  ~Burmese Proverb

 
Top Pic: "Pa" teaching Becky on her first birthday how to be an environmentalist. Want to guess what her Master's Degree will be when she finishes very soon?
Bottom Pic:  Becky has a secret!  She has always preferred fruits & veggies(even before it was cool).

Me, Jimmy(nephew, handsome isn't he?), David, Joyce, Becky and Mom.
Looking for the last family photo I have, it is with regret  that I realize it has been much too long since we all smiled for the camera at the same time in the same place. There are some very important family members missing from my collection.  How could that have happened?  We have all changed a great deal since this photo was taken and Mom shed her earthly worries and pain in 2009 and joined Dad.    A family is too valuable to misplace or ignore. 
Note to self:  take the time to spend with my family and friends.

Speaking of misplaced--Does anyone recognize this cat?  He? She? has taken up residence in my scary barn and begs for food night and day. I feed him? her? of course and have named the cat Mooch for obvious reasons.  I thought at first he? she? was just a hungry traveler but the lure of our pet friendly environment seems to be screaming "pull up a bed and move in". 


 When all is said and done, we have to remember that our family started with a beautiful life-time love story.
Lois Barnett and her beloved husband James (Short) Barnett.
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...