Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
     Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
    The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
                Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Having the holidays fall on Saturday has been very confusing to me.  It has seemed like Sunday all day.  I didn't have to open the little store until 7 a.m. today which is my Sunday schedule.  Starting the New Year off in a state of confusion is not really the way I wanted to go.  Oh, well, small stuff.

This is going to be my year of contentment and completion.  I am going to be perfectly content to complete all the projects that I started in 2010.  The journey that I am undertaking will be one that I hope you will join me on.  Using books (I love books) and the Internet (how did we ever live without it?) I will paint, sew, plant, cut, saw (big scary electrical tools will become my new best friends) and sweat my way to a brand new living environment.  Inside and out, I will be redesigning my life.  Hopefully along the way, the joy of simple living will become contagious and you will decide to release your inner creative being. We all have one you know.

It is with a grateful heart that I approach this new year.  I have been blessed with so much while others have so little.  Of course, my definition of so much is not a mansion on the hill, a brand new car to drive or any of the other material things of this life that scream "I'm rich".  Oh, no.  My definition of so much has shifted over the years from material to eternal.  Maybe that is because I am a woman of a certain age (not old old, just middle old and still quite young at heart).  I have good health (really big issue when things all start falling south and my waistline is the same size as my bust line).  My brother, sister and their families are still relatively healthy, and my daughter (the light of my life) is in the kitchen doing what she loves best. 

Becky is making Hoppin John's blackeyed peas with ham and I have made jalapeno cornbread for our evening meal.  The animals are all in good health and our home is warm on this bitterly cold night.  God is good.  Life is simple.


From our happy home to yours:
May the blessings of the Lord Our God be with you throughout this new year. May you prosper in all you do and may all your wishes come true.  May your inner child be released to dream the impossible dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...