Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Run, Linda, Run

Just a random thought:
How come we choose from just two people to run for President and 50 to run for Miss America?

I spent my morning engaging in the usual household chores:  laundry, dishes, scooping litter boxes (no one likes to share), cleaning water and food bowls (no one likes to share), and doing general cleaning (with this many animals it never ends).  All the time, in the back of my mind is the dread of going into Muskogee this afternoon.

Alas, the time has come when I can procrastinate no more.  So here I go!

Run to the little store and fill up the gas tank. 
Run to the library. Drop off books and pick up more.
Run to the bank.  Make a payment (yes, the bank owns a piece of me).
Run to Petco.  Maggie has to have special food.  $62.00 later.....
Run to Walmart.

If only I could just run to Walmart!  I spend half my time staggering around the store trying to find items that I'm sure they must move every week just to confuse me.  Two hours later, I stagger to the car. Is it in row 3 or 4 and which way is it facing?

Run to Arby's to pick up dinner.  You don't think I'm going to cook tonight, do you?
Run to little store in Keefeton to drop off groceries I bought to prepare lunch there tomorrow.
Run home. Unload car, put stuff up and carry out trash. 

I just need a hug.
Izzie doesn't care if the bags under my eyes are sagging to my cheekbones.  She knows her mommy is exhausted from a full day of running.  And people have the nerve to ask me what I do all week!  I just want to smack them!  No, I do not need to attend anger management classes.  What I need is a nice long soak with my old friend Epsom's salt and some chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...