Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

"Weather Armageddon?"

"In the depths of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
-  Albert Camus

Once again we find ourselves in the path of a massive winter storm.  Viewing the weather reports on T.V. this morning sent me scurrying to double check my emergency home kit (see previous posting).  I wasn't in a state of panic until the weather lady started using words like "weather Armageddon, history shattering winter storm system, blizzard conditions".  Who says something like that with people like me watching! 

After checking my list, I find that I am a few items short of being ready.  Just in case the power goes out I want  to have plenty of food to cook on my Coleman Propane Cook Stove. So a trip into Muskogee is required.  Darn, darn, darn.  Since I now have two outside cats, I must make sure they are safe and warm.  Please, please, please (I'm obsessive-compulsive so everything is done in three's) remember to make preparations for your outside animals too.

Here is my itinerary for the day: 
Hoopes Hardware (extra wick, clean burning lamp oil and candles)
Library (can always read books by oil lamp)
K-Mart (animal food)
Wal Mart (Lord help me!) (people food and more bottled water)

In the rush and crush of everyday living, we sometimes forget to give thanks for all we have.  With a winter storm bearing down on us, I take a moment to reflect on all the things we have to be grateful for.  I can assure you the list of "haves" far outweighs the "have nots".  The most important things are the intangible, the untouchable, the heart song, the smiling soul.  Have you taken time to reflect on the important things in your life?  If not, I urge you to do so.  Strip away the "material stuff" and look to your heart, for this is where the important things are kept. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...