Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm Using Everything You Gave Me, Lord

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." 
Erma Bombeck

Yesterday was so busy that I didn't have a chance to write (still catching up from working 5 days straight, had to fill in for co-worker who got married).  Here is a quick run-down of the day. And for those people who say "Wow, you've got it easy just working weekends", please know that when I look at you and smile, I'm really wanting to smack you a good one upside the head!

Feed and water the Wicket (lovebird), clean Lucky's (fish) bowl, clean cat houses and scoop litter, dogs out, dogs in, feed and water dogs.  Clean ceiling fan in garden room, move china cabinet to living room, vacuum house, wash dishes, do laundry (all bedding for cats and dogs), resurrected lawn mower one more time and mowed lane to house. I know, I know.....boring.   I like boring.  After years of dealing with unpleasant people, woman eat woman quotas, and unforgiving time clocks, this is pure bliss for me.

But anyway, while I was doing all that (Had to pause here, tick crawling on my arm, yuck! Nasty little blood suckers!  If you live in Oklahoma you know what I'm talking about, right?) this is what Molly was doing:
Molly says "This is the life. I eat , sleep, poop and the maid
 (that would be me) cleans my house."
I also tried a new roast beef recipe.  If you like cabbage (we do, inexpensive and nutritious), this is a frugal recipe (roast was on sale at Superfoods in Warner) I used and this is the finished product.  Becky said "last night cereal for dinner and tonight pot roast heaven" (We were both too tired to cook).  Feast or famine around here for sure!
Rump roast with cabbage, carrots, onions and a great sauce. 
We loved it.

Today, I put new collars on all the outside dogs.  No easy task I can assure you.  Writhing, squealing, little terrors.  Once the collars were on the pups, they set about trying to rip them off each other.
Gypsy and her pups now have collars! No longer just stray dogs!
They have adopted us.
After a long, stressful day at work and training after work for the 5K run, Becky (the one looking stressed and semi-conscious) and her twin Maggie (dog who thinks she is a princess held hostage by evil magic in a strange body) chill out in garden room watching T.V. while I put the finishing touches on the roast (don't want help with my masterpiece, thank you for asking though--translation:  leave me alone, I'm fine. No, really I'm fine.  Just left of normal is fine in my book).
Becky and Maggie after a long, hard day for both.
My life is really quite wonderful!  I rejoice in my daily chores and thank God that I am healthy enough to accomplish so many things each day.  My cup truly does run over!  I will leave you today with this thought:

Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings.

I know I have one and can only hope I have the other.  You guess which is which. Thank you for joining me today on my journey to Simple Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...