Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A New Beginning For Indy!

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace.
Milan Kundera
Well, today Indy and I took our last road trip together as a family.  When I separated him from his two brothers, they started to cry, he started to cry and I started to cry (separation anxiety disorder all around).  As we started down the road, Gypsy (mom) followed us for a long way and then just sat down in the middle of the road and looked at our disappearing car with what seemed like pain and regret.  If you are not an animal lover, now would be a good time to move on to another site because you won't understand a word I am saying.
Stacey and Indy get acquainted.
Knowing he is going to a wonderful home does not lessen the impact of loosing him.  I am very grateful to Stacey for giving my little guy a place in her family.  Out of the hundreds and hundreds of animals she sees as a Vet, she chose my Indy. He is that special.  (Please hold on a minute while I wipe my eyes and blow my nose).  What it comes down to is this:  What is best for Indy? It's really a no-brainer! Stacey (Hubler Vet Clinic) will give him all kinds of great things (acres and acres to roam instead of a small pen area).  He will learn to be a blue heeler working with cattle (I don't have any cattle).  This is in their blood, this is who they are.  This is his destiny. He will be running and working and playing.  A good life is waiting for him and a new name (Duke).  My little fellow will be O.K. and so will I in time.  This is a good thing for him. 

I'm afraid after the trauma of giving Indy away, Mischief and Pickles are stuck with me.  I can't make another trip like the one this morning.  My little heart is broken.  I will miss him a  lot. (Sorry, still crying. Can't seem to stop!)  For the other two still with me, I will just have to build a bigger pen, let them herd me and teach them some great tricks.  It will all work out for the best.  Once again, thank you Stacey from the bottom of my heart.
Pickles and Mischief
Someday, after Indy learns his new name and has bonded with his new Mom, I will visit him to see this amazing dog performing his new skills.  I know he will make me proud! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...