Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In Times of Trouble..... We Go To Our Knees In Prayer...For Others

"He who sees the calamity of other people finds his own calamity light."
Arabian Proverb

and it rained.......and it rained.............and then it hailed!  Enough already!  Mother Nature has been relentless this Spring.  Harmony Acres has a water retention problem that only Sunshine and Time can fix.  But first it has to stop raining.  Good Grief!  I can't do laundry (won't drain), I can't run the dishwasher (won't drain) and I say a little prayer every time I flush the toilet (a little bit of whining going on here).

My problems are insignificant compared to what's going on in the rest of Oklahoma.  Tahlequah is flooding.  People are having to leave their homes and some businesses have shut down.  Many county roads no longer exist in Green Country (another name for this part of the state)!  Either you can't get home or you can't get out!  Normal everyday life has come to a standstill. Waiting...............for the rain to stop........the rivers to crest......the damage to be assessed.  Just waiting...................

Our neighboring states of Arkansas and Missouri are suffering as well.  Levee breached in Missouri (massive flooding), tornadoes in Arkansas (loved ones gone forever in a moment frozen in time) and widespread destruction.  They don't need  an official government statement.  They know it's a diaster zone.  Moment by moment......tear by tear......loss compounded by loss.  Our prayers for them are desperately needed.

Joyce, my big sister, has no road left.  The rains have washed away their bridges (if you think my house is isolated, you should try to find hers) and they have no way out!  Incarcerated with her husband, Bill!  This can't be good even for a solid marriage of many years.   Don't get me wrong.  I love Bill.  It's much easier to love someone you don't have to live with.  This is the gospel truth.   
The sound quality on this video is dreadful but this is Warner, OK.


Other refuge have I none
Other refuge have I none;
Hangs my helpless soul on Thee:
Leave, ah! leave me not alone,
Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed,
All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing! Amen.

Simple Living is all about caring for others. We always pray for them first and us last. That is Country Ways 101.  We are all connected in the big scheme of things. By touching one life, we touch many.  By helping one person, we help many.  It's the ripple effect.  Think about that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...