Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Please......Send Me A Rainbow!

Memo From God
And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and   all  living  creatures  of every kind.  Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Dear Lord:
I know your busy but could we have a little chat. I am not writing to complain (much) but could you please turn the spigot off.  We were in a drought and desperately needed rain but.......a flood?  Whomever you made director of cloud control is not doing their job.  Did they go to sleep and forget to turn off the faucet?  Did they not get the memo (see blue area above)? 

Oklahoma has gone from fighting raging wildfires to flood control. In less than a week!  Please send me a rainbow!  There is water, water everywhere!  More rain in the forcast and I really need a sign from you.
And it rained...............................

and it rained.......................
I always wanted a property with a little creek running through it. 
Now I have it!
Front yard creek ........more rain pouring down.

Back yard creek......... more rain pouring down.
Pic is not blurry, it is rain wrapped!

My new favorite T.V. show is "Breaking Weather" because that's what's on every channel. I've learned a new phrase "rain wrapped" (translation:  you can't see nothin). This is today's latest warning from the National Weather Service in Tulsa:
* widespread heavy rain has occurred across much of eastern
Oklahoma... and northwest Arkansas. Rainfall amounts of 4 to 8
inches have been common across this area over the past 48 to 72
hours... with local amounts exceeding 10 inches. Additional
rounds of heavy rains will spread across the watch area
today... before ending by early evening. Additional rainfall
amounts of 1 to 4 inches is expected through today. The rainfall
totals over the past three days could easily top 12 inches
across portions of northwest Arkansas and adjacent areas of far
eastern Oklahoma.

Becky snapped this pic between cloud burst yesterday.
This morning Becky had to find an alternate route to work because the roads were flooded on two of the other routes.  It's hard enough getting from here to there without road closings!  She is leaving for a business trip to Denver today and I'm sure she will be glad to leave all this flooding behind.
Pushka seeking higher ground from the flood waters.
The barn is flooded and the pups are getting web-footed!  The garden room tried to flood (stemmed the flow with lots of towels) and I'm getting web-footed!  It's so wet, even the ducks have left.  Simple Living at it's most challenging!  So, back to my original request:  please send me a rainbow. 

Thank you for your time Lord.

Sincerely,
It's Me Again

  
A little Creedence Clearwater Revival to help me through the day (Who'll Stop The Rain).  No matter what difficulties you may face, there is always a rainbow just around the corner. 

Noon:30 Update:    Still raining and raining and raining................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...