Our New Blog

Our New Blog
...............Two Chicks On A Farm......Our New Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them. (Albert Einstein)

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion.  I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. 
Harmony Acres is water-logged!
God has granted us a tiny reprieve.  No rain until later in the day.  All the rain has created utter chaos, inside and out.  I have much recovery work to do before the next round.  Harmony Acres is becoming like the "lost city of Atlantis" (underwater somewhere).  I have worked so hard. Invested so much time. Wanting everything to look the best it's ever been. It breaks my little heart to see it underwater and overgrown (again).  Darn! Darn! Darn!

I'm so glad I didn't put up a fence and plant my cucumbers where I started to ( in the magic creek) or they would have been washed away.
Yesterday, it was a raging creek.
Glad "we" worked on it so it would drain better!
O.K.  A little sarcasm there!
I know how this works.  In July and August, we will be begging for rain!  If you had ever experienced an Oklahoma summer, you would understand why Hell is not a place you want to go (there's no air-conditioning as well as other unpleasant factors to consider). 

We are still working on the garden room and planned to put in a window seat and book shelves to replace the garage door.  Having trouble finding someone who knows what they're doing to tackle this job.  So.........the heavy rain coming down seeped into the garage and all I can do is clean up the mess, wait for it to dry and try to caulk around the door today.

I managed to wrestle another use out of the "Good Stuff" expanding foam.  All it took was baling wire, a spoon and standing on my head.  Don't ask!
Outside of garage door leaked big time...........

...................so I caulked it.
I didn't say all my repairs were pretty but hopefully it will be effective.
Oh, yeah. I decided to mow the front yard for the UPS man (important delivery, toilet paper from Amazon).What? When I go to the store it takes one whole cart for pet supplies.  Keeping that in mind, it's a little hard for one little ole lady to drag two carts just for toliet paper. Besides, I love having UPS trying to find this place. Anyway back to my story: I know that no one should even try to mow the yard the day after Noah launched the Ark but  we have to look somewhat well kept around here.  However, I ran into a little problem: 
Oops! Not the smartest move I ever made..........

.......but common sense, two rocks and leverage got me out!
Oh, shoot! I just heard thunder!  Gotta run and check on pups! Be back in a minute.  Big black cloud........ big thunder.  Sure am glad I did a little creative engineering today on their pen. Yes, they are getting a fancy new dog house that is insulated and has vents.  One of those all-weather things. Gypsy (mama dog) gets one too.  I had a lot more time to meditate (smoke cigarrette and drink Dr. Pepper on front porch) before the blue heelers adopted us.
Yesterday, the lawn mowers and the puppies were in a water hole!

I put up tarp and dug a trench.  Hung dog blankets on fence to dry.
Cross your fingers.
It sounds like it's about to be tested!
And between all that, I gave Maggie a bath, hauled trash up to the road and scooped two litter boxes.  What a day!  Wish Becky were here to share my day with.  Simple Living is more fun when I can surprise her with my accomplishments. She'll be back from Denver Thursday night.  Can't wait! 

I am exhausted but not defeated!  Everyday, I must push the envelope, test my limits, reach for the unreachable and go beyond where I think I can go.  I only get one life, so there's no harm in trying!  All I can do is fall on my fannie but it wouldn't be the first time, now would it?  Falling is easy.  It's the getting up that takes "true grit".  You know what I'm talking about.  You've been there.

Thank you for joining me on this journey we call life.  The Simple Life really is for me.  Sweat is my new favorite fragrance, rubber boots or crocs my choice in footwear, and I look good in camouflage pants!

Tomorrow:  Muskogee for dog food.

Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.
Bern Williams
Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_inspirational2.html#ixzz1KfomXg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...